Sunday 9 October 2011

No Mattress But Only Dust!!

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

I just want to share with all my brothers and sisters about our life, actually when we gone from the planet of earth or in other word, passed away. Thanks to our Lord, ALLAH SWT for giving us this opportunity to breathe and continue worshipping Him as long as we still alive. Alhamdulillah!!



I was so impressed with a song of Abdullah al-Rahmad (if I am not mistaken), Farsyi al-Turab which mean "Dust Is My Bed". This song tells us about dead and life after dead, more about Barzakh Life. This is the lyric for the song:


Dust is my bed,
embracing me,
and is my cover.

The sands are around me,
engulfing me,
from all directions.

And the tombs recount (the story of),
the darkness of my calamity.
And the light has destined that,
my plessure is,
in meeting (ALLAH)
my pleasure is,
in meeting (ALLAH).

Where is the kindness of kin?
They relinquished fidelity.
Where are the scores of friends?
They dispensed with my brotherhood.

Where is the bliss of money?
I left it behind.
And where is the glory of fame and compliments?
That's my end;
dust is my bed.

The beloved bade farewell to his love,
and cried my elegy.
The tears flow dried out,
after crying.

The vast universe shrank,
narrowing my space.
The tomb to my corpse became
both my land and my sky.
That's my end;
dust is my bed.

Fear overwhelms my estrangement,
and sadness is my ailment.
Hoping for steadfastness,
which is - I swear - my remedy.
Sincerely suplicating to the Lord;
YOU are my hope.
Hoping - O ALLAH - for a paradise,
in which my bliss shall be attained.


Dust Is My Bed - Farsyid al-Turab



We will live alone in our last destination. No one can accompany us except our amal (good deed). In our own 'house', we just have dust which make us comfort or vice versa. So, let us have a good time to repent for all our wrongdoings and seek for His forgiveness. 


Rabbana aatinaa fiddunyaa hasanah, wafilaakhirati hasanah, waqinaa 'azaabannar. 
Amin Ya Rabbal 'Alamin. 


Bersama-sama Mengubah Paradigma
Ke Arah Mukmin yang Sejati..=)

No comments:

Post a Comment